Thursday, July 25, 2013

Dear Sister Huffman

It has been a few weeks since I opened my call but I'm still going to tell the story of receiving my call for my first official blog. On Friday July 5th I got a call from my parents about 3:30 in the afternoon. They called to inform me I had received a big white envelope from the Church at home. AHHHHH my mission call was 1200 miles away, but at least I knew where it was and that is was on its way to me. So my parents being the awesome parents they are overnighted it to me. They told me I should get it by 3 pm the next day. Ok less than 24 hours I will have my mission call in my hands, but then I had to wait another few hours so I could open it and my family could all be on the computer. That next day Dawn and I ran around pretty much all day, she kept finding all these little things we needed to go get and go do. It was good though because it made the day go by a little faster. It was almost 3 by the time I got the envelope. Once it got here we placed it on the mantel and left it there. We made dinner and then I got ready. It was getting closer to time so I figured we should start getting all of the computers set up. It was crazy trying to get everyone connected to us. We used every single electronic we could use to get everyone together. By the time everyone was connected it was closer to 730. I started to open the call, ahhh it was exciting. Then I started to read it. Dear Sister Huffman, You are hereby called to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Brazil Juiz de Fora Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months. You should report to the Brazil MTC on Nov 20, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Portuguese Language. I actually skimmed ahead as I was reading out loud, so I got a little choked up and it was hard to read where I was going out loud. I am so excited to serve the people in the Juiz de Fora mission. I have 117 days before I report to the MTC, it is so crazy. Everything I need to do I am finally able to start doing,but I'll talk about all that fun stuff next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment